Transfer Spotify Music/Playlists to USB Drive
Q: What should I do if I need to move Spotify music to a USB flash drive?
A: Sorry, there is no official way.
Q: If I become one of the Premium user of Spotify, could I download Spotify music and move them to any portable device?
A: All Spotify music are protected Ogg Vorbis files. You could only enjoy Spotify music via Spotify app.
Q: Is there any solution to fix this issue?
A: Every problem comes with a possible answer. Anyway, you need to draw support from a music recorder or converter, which helps you download all songs from Spotify as MP3 songs. That means you own those songs for real. Afterwards, you can move them to any phones or devices.
Q: Can I get a music recorder for free?
A: AudiCable is an all-in-one music recorder. And all songs from kinds of streaming apps can be downloaded, including Spotify, Apple Music, Amazon Music, Tidal, Line Music, Deezer, YouTube Music, Pandora, etc. Just get this all-in-one AudiCable Audio Recorder for free right now, which means you can get access to Spotify music for free for a lifetime.
Method 1. Transfer Spotify Music/Playlists to USB Drive (Normal Speed)
AudiCable Audio Recorder is a multiple source music downloader. If you are a music fan, it's a best tool you can get to enjoy streaming music online or offline for free. If you need to make a Premium subscription on every streaming music app and renew subscription every month, instead, you may want to own a music recorder permanently. Check why this program is helpful:
- Fully support for kinds of streaming music apps, including Spotify, Apple Music, Amazon Music, Tidal, Line Music, Deezer, YouTube Music, Pandora, etc.
- Record and save Premium music to MP3, AAC, WAV, FLAC, AIFF, ALAC.
- Keep ID3 tags and original audio quality after conversion.
- Spotify Free and Premium accounts are feasible
As we mentioned above, you could download Spotify songs if you own its Premium subscription. However, you are forbidden when you move Spotify songs to other places owning to its format protection. Therefore, AudiCable allows you to save Spotify songs as MP3 formats, then you can move them to a USB flash drive or any other devices easily. Within a few steps, you can enjoy Spotify songs anywhere without restriction. Now, we are going to learn how to save Spotify music as Hi-Fi MP3, AAC, WAV, FLAC, AIFF, ALAC songs with retained ID3 tags.
Step 1: Launch AudiCable Audio Recorder
On your computer, download and install this AudiCable Audio Recorder. And launch this program after the installation. We need your USB drive later, now we start downloading Spotify music as a plain format.
Step 2: Customize the output settings of Spotify songs
In advance, we need to tailor the output settings. On the top right, you will find a "setting icon" , click it to open a setting window. Make a selection to output format ( MP3, AAC, FLAC, WAV, AIFF), output quality (128kbps, 192kbps, 256kbps, 320kbps) and output path. Then move on.
Step 3: Start Spotify and log in with a free account
If you are a Spotify user, then among all kinds of music apps on the primary interface of AudiCable, you need to start Spotify. Then a built-in Spotify app will be initiated. On this Spotify app, go to the top right and log in with your account. If you have no account, then as a Spotify user, you know you can sign up for a free own right now. Spotify Free or Premium account are available.
Step 4: Download Spotify songs to local space
Now, on the built-in Spotify music app, browse a song or a playlist, then start playing. Immediately, AudiCable will start recording this song. If you play a song in a playlist, then AudiCable will record all songs orderly until you call a pause.
- Are you a new user of AudiCable? If you are, then do not skip this step. Click "Stop" then locate "record setting" icon on the upper right. Tap it you can choose to Automatically split when the silence is more than (number) milliseconds. Or just choose Do not split to if you want to keep every second. It's recommended to choose the later option.
- Some users only want to download songs from Spotify instead of listening to music online. Then you can choose to record songs in background quietly, under "Music Streaming" tab on AudiCable, go to the upper right corner, tap the "sound" icon to switch to mute .
- But for some users who need to enjoy online music anytime, you can play songs via AudiCable and remove all saved songs later. Or just choose a song in a playlist and play, then click Stop button on AudiCable to abort recording music. Then you can finish an online listening to this music album.
Step 5: Move the downloaded Spotify songs to USB flash drive
Under Recorded column, you can check all histories of downloaded music. Move to any song, you will see "tag icon" behind the song. Tap it to edit its information. And click the "file icon" to open the output folder. Then plug in your USB Flash Drive. And copy those songs to your USB Flash Drive.
Method 2. Transfer Spotify Music/Playlists to USB Drive (Faster Speed)
Maybe some users are thinking, it would be nice if the download speed could be accelerated. As a professional team, of course there will not be only one solution. If you want to download Spotify playlists faster, Spotify Music Converter is recommended. It not only helps you download Spotify songs faster, but also preserves the original quality of the songs. is a very good substitute. But it can only download music from Spotify. If you need multi-platform music downloads, you still need to use the AudiCable Audio Recorder described above.
After downloading songs, albums, playlists, and other audio files from Spotify, we can copy the downloaded Spotify tracks to a USB Flash Drive easily.
- Convert Spotify music, albums, playlists, and podcasts to MP3/AAC/WAV/FLAC/AIFF/ALAC.
- 10X conversion speed & retain ID3 tags.
- Multiple playlists can be downloaded in one click.
- Keep 100% original audio quality after the conversion.
- Spotify Free and Premium accounts are feasible
Step 1: Launch Spotify Music Converter
On your computer, download and install this Spotify Music Converter. Then start this program.
Step 2: Add Spotify Music to AudiFab.
Drag and drop a playlist from Spotify to AudiFab. AudiFab Spotify Music Converter would read them automatically. Check the Spotify songs that you’d like to listen to offline and then click the OK button.
Step 3: Customize the Output Settings of Spotify Songs
Go to the "setting icon" in the upper right to change the output format, bit rate, sample rate, output folder, etc. You'd better set MP3 as the output format since the MP3 file is compatible with most media players. Next, let's start downloading Spotify music to the local folder in a plain format.
Step 4: Export the Spotify Songs to Computer.
Click the "Convert" button and AudiFab Spotify Music Converter would immediately start exporting the Spotify songs to your computer.
Step 5: Move the Downloaded Spotify Songs to USB Flash Drive
Go to the left, and click the "Converted" button. Then hover over any downloaded song, and you will see the "folder icon", click it to open the output folder. At last, just connect your USB Flash Drive to your computer and copy those songs to it.
AudiCable Audio Recorder is always reliable for downloading music from almost all music sources. You own everything once you get this all-in-one music recorder. And Spotify Music Converter can be perfect when you only need to download Spotify music to local files. Have a free try and enjoy Hi-Fi Spotify music freely right now! Just do not hesitate and give it a shot!
Try AudiCable Audio Recorder Win right now! (Multiple Music Sources Support)
Try Spotify Music Converter Win & Mac right now! (Faster Speed)
- How to Download Spotify Playlist to Mac
- How to Download Spotify Music to ALAC Format
- Download Adele Easy on Me Offline without Premium
- Top 12 Spotify Music Downloaders (2022)
- Top 9 Best Streaming Music Recorders (2022)
- Burn Spotify Music to CD (2022)
- Add Spotify Music to iMovie on iPhone/iPad
- Offline Play Spotify Music on Apple Watch 6/5/4/3/SE without Premium